No alcohol for sale to persons under the age of 18 years or liquor businesses
You must be 18 (eighteen) years or older to purchase alcohol from us [Prestons Liquor Stores], and we reserve the right to require you to furnish to us proof of your age (identity document/passport/driver’s licence). We can only accept orders from retail off-consumption consumers (that is you must not be a liquor wholesaler or distributor or an on-consumption liquor retailer or an off-consumption liquor retailer).
Our Products / Availability
Lead time is dependent on stock availability. We will despatch stock as rapidly as possibly to ensure the best service to our customers, but we cannot be held liable for any product not being available and use of this site constitutes your consent to indemnify us from any and all liability, howsoever arising, including but not limited to direct, indirect or consequential damages due to any unavailability or unsuitability of any product or any delay in receipt thereof by you. We reserve the right to limit the quantity of any product available for sale by us.
We cannot be held liable for any illness or adverse health consequences suffered as a result of purchasing and consuming any product on this site. While we make every effort to ensure that our products reach you in the premium condition our customers enjoy, you are entirely responsible for your health. We endorse the Arrive Alive campaign and encourage all our customers to drink responsibly. Don’t drink and drive!
Should any product not be in stock, please allow 10 (ten) working days plus shipping (freight) transit time for ordering and delivery to our store’s premises.
Every effort is made to effect shipment of your order timeously; however, unforeseen circumstances may cause delays. Should we be faced with such an occurrence, we will endeavour to contact you via email and provide a revised shipping schedule.
When you click to make a purchase with us, legal obligations arise and your rights to refund of monies charged to your credit card or paid in any other way agreed to by us are limited by these terms and conditions. You must not make any purchase through this site unless you understand and agree to all our terms and conditions. Once payment is made for the purchase, it is deemed that you have read and understood the terms and conditions for such purchase. If you have any queries please contact us before making any purchase through this website (please select the Port Elizabeth, Main Road Walmer branch on the contact form).
We will ship your ordered product to your delivery address; no orders can be collected from the store. Please note that shipping charges will be displayed separately from the cost of the goods ordered. Please ensure that there is a responsible person at your premises available to sign for the receipt of the product shipped to you. Any delay or additional cost caused by you not complying with this will be for your account.
Order processing will not begin until we receive a confirmed order and full payment.
Money Back/Refunds/Returns Policy
In the unlikely event that any product is delivered damaged, we will gladly replace it at our cost or refund you in full. To qualify for a full refund, the damaged product must be returned to us in its original packaging with undamaged labelling. In this regard, please note that we will not replace or refund any individual (separate) bottles or cans that were supplied to you in a sealed package containing multiple products (for example a “six-pack” of beers) unless the entire package is returned to us in its original packaging with undamaged labelling. We reserve the right to apply a 10% (ten per cent) handling fee where packaging is damaged by you or out-of-town courier charges apply.
We anticipate there will be a high demand from customers once we reopen our liquor stores and we are working hard with our suppliers to secure enough stock to meet the demand. If we run out of stock, on any items on your order, we will refund you for those items.
Refunds for any out-of-stock items will take between 3-7 working days to reflect in your bank account.
Payment Options and Pricing
All transactions will be processed in South African Rand (ZAR) at prevailing exchange rates.
Your total order price will include the price of the purchase plus any applicable Value-Added Tax and shipping charges (on the day of shipping). We pride ourselves on the quality of our products and the convenience provided to our customers.
We reserve the right to change pricing at any time without prior notice due to the nature of our products. All quotations are only valid for 1 (one) working day.
We accept MasterCard and Visa credit cards and most debit cards. All of your order details will be saved in the email sent to you via the website upon confirmation of your order as well as by our digital ordering system. The online store only accepts compatible credit and debit cards. Prestons Liquor Stores will not be held liable for any credit card fraud. The issue of fraud must be taken up with your bank.
- Drink Responsibly
- Liquor not for persons under 18
- Do not drink and drive
- Pregnant women should not drink alcohol
- It is illegal to drink in public spaces
- All prices include 15% VAT and bottle deposits and are denominated in Rands (ZAR)
- Prestons Liquor Stores cannot supply other traders
Online Store Pre-order and Collect Service
- A store can handle only a limited amount of orders per day and works on a first pay and book online, first serve basis.
- The pre-order and collect collection point has its own separate queue at the stores.
- Failure to collect the order during the designated day and time will unfortunately result in the cancellation of your order and refund.
Online Store Deliveries
- Online store deliveries only apply to select areas in Nelson Mandela Bay, George and Port Alfred.
- A central depot will service the Nelson Mandela Bay area – maximum 40km from depot
- A depot in George and Port Alfred will service those respective areas
- We can only deliver to residential addresses.
- Sales and deliveries NOT APPLICABLE to liquor license holders.
- Delivery fees apply.
- During the COVID-19 crisis, delivery volumes will be above normal levels, therefore your order will take anywhere between 2 to 4 permitted working days.
- In the event that your area moves back to either alert level four or five restrictions and your stock is in transit, your order will only be delivered once alert level three restrictions returns.